We strive to provide the products and services to the very highest standard and building strong and lasting relationships with our customers. If something does go wrong then we aim to clarify and or rectify any issues that may arise. We welcome our clients to tell us about it so we can aim to put things right as quickly as soon as possible.
Upon receipt of your complaint we will attempt to resolve by the end of the next business day. If we cannot resolve within this timeframe we will write to you within 5 business days to inform you of what we have done to resolve the issue and the contact details of who is looking after your complaint.
Where to make your complaint
If you are dissatisfied with our dealings or believe that an error has occurred, please liaise with your broker, who will respond to your concerns within five (5) business days. If you feel uncomfortable addressing it with your broker please contact the below.
If you are not happy with our response
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
If we haven’t issued our ‘final response’ within six weeks from the date you first raised your complaint, or if you’re dissatisfied with our response, you can ask for an independent review by our external dispute resolution provider. They will however only consider your complaint once you’ve tried to resolve it with us, so please take up your concerns with us first and we’ll do all we can to help.
Our EDR service provider is the Australian Financial Complaints Authority, which can be contacted via:
Telephone: 1800 931 678 (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm AEST)
Post: GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001
Industry accreditation & Licencing
Highland Finance is a member of the Finance Brokers Association of Australia, one of two industry bodies in Australia representing mortgage and finance brokers.
As part of the membership with the FBAA, brokers are required to keep up to date qualifications industry training and communications.
Highland Finance* is engaged in providing the following services;
· Mortgage broking
· Commercial finance broking
· Life insurance agents
Collection of information
· Any information collected is solely for the primary purpose of the particular services our client/s have engaged us to conduct, and no other purpose. All information is collected in a lawful manner, fair and not unreasonably intrusive.
· Information collected about an individual should be primarily obtained from that individual with their consent and or the consent to obtain information from third parties. The individual should be informed who information is collected from, for what purpose and what access they have to the information.
Use and disclosure
Information is only collected for it’s primary purpose. In order to provide our services we may exchange the information with the following types of entities
· Persons who provide finance or other products to you, or to whom an application has been made for those products.
· Financial consultants, accountants, lawyers and advisers
· Any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint regarding our services
· Any person where we are required by law to do so
· Any of our associates, related entities or contractors
· Your referees, such as your employer, to verify information you have provided
· Any person considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets
· Any organisation providing online verification of your identity
Information quality and security
· Highland Finance will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date
· Highland Finance will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access and correction
· Highland Finance will take all reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed. Data and information which is required to be kept for statutory reasons will be kept in a secure manner.
· Highland Finance will provide personal information about any individual it has information on upon request for access by that individual. Information will not be released if it is unlawful to do so, against the interests and security of Australia, prejudicial, or if the request is frivolous and vexatious.
· If Highland Finance holds personal information about an individual and the individual is able to establish that the information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, Highland Finance will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
· Highland Finance will provide reasons for denial of access or a refusal to correct personal information
· Highland Finance will not adopt any identifying number (such as a Medicare number) as its method used for identifying a file or other information that is held.
Trans border data flows
· Highland Finance will not collect unnecessary personal or sensitive information such as health, racial or ethnic background, or criminal record without the consent of the person or unless legally compelled to do so.
For further information please contact:
Attn: Director (privacy)
Suite 502 5 Hunter Street Sydney NSW 2000
Highland Finance (53 609917508) is the registered trading name of Highland Finance Pty Ltd. Highland Finance Pty Ltd is an authorised representative 491 823 of Elders Home Loans Pty Ltd, Australian Credit Licence 384408.